Hands and Feet Project offers volunteer positions at the our various locations throughout Haiti. Volunteers get the chance to learn mission work firsthand by working alongside each site’s directors. At our Jacmel Children's Village, volunteers help out in the office, assist in media/marketing projects, and play a huge role in planning summer activities for our kids. At IKONDO, our Mission Guest Village, volunteers help with the coordination and facilitation of visiting teams. Volunteers usually spend three months in Haiti.
VOLUNTEER POSITIONS AVAILABLE
MEDIA AND MARKETING
Help tell the story of our work through photography and video. This includes taking new pictures of our children for sponsor updates, social media videos, and other content to be used in marketing and fundraising. Please include samples of your work. Position for Jacmel only.
Assist both Haitian and American staff with administrative duties to ensure efficient operation of the office. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, filing, data input, gathering info from children and/or caregivers, creating spreadsheets. Knowledge of Word, Excel, and QuickBooks is recommended. Position for IKONDO (on hold) and Jacmel.
Working with our Haitian kitchen staff, responsibilities include, but are not limited to, shadowing kitchen staff during market shopping, meal preparations and planning, identifying new recipes to teach kitchen staff, keeping food service areas stocked and clean. Participation in hosting guests, joining activities when time permits. Position for IKONDO only (on hold).
Assist in organizing and implementing games, activities and movie nights, for all ages of children at HAFP. Work alongside our Caregivers and their assistants. Take photos at all activities for child sponsor updates. Position for Jacmel only.
Assist in the landscaping and agricultural areas of campus. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, identifying and implementing need for landscaping. Gardening in the community. Educating Haitian staff on maintenance for after your departure. Participation in hosting guests, joining activities when time permits. Position for IKONDO only (on hold).
- Must agree with the mission, vision and values of the organization found here.
- Must be 20 years or older.
- Must be mature and responsible.
- Must have a valid passport before travel.
- Previous travel to Hands and Feet Project Children's Village and/or Haiti preferred.
- Must be approved by HAFP corporate office and the Children's Village Director.
- $650 a month to cover living and ministry expenses will be paid by the volunteer.
- Airfare to Haiti (estimate of $600 -$900) will be paid by the volunteer.
- Transportation to and from HAFP site and Port au Prince Airport (Maximum of $300 each way), will be paid by volunteer unless travel can be coordinated with incoming groups.
- Optional - Haiti cell phone (around $35 and purchase of minutes, anywhere from $10 to $30 month) will be paid by the volunteer.
- Optional - cash for any other personal expenses will be paid by the volunteer.
- Fill out Volunteer Application Form.
- Site directors will choose potential applicants based on need.
- Email and/or phone interview with HAFP staff.
- Background check and additional paperwork will need completed upon acceptance.
Check Out Our Latest Videos here