The Hands and Feet Project offers volunteer positions at the Children’s Villages throughout Haiti. Volunteers get the chance to learn mission work firsthand by working alongside each site’s directors. Volunteers will be working in an assortment of jobs to help sustain the mission to provide family-style, residential care and sustainable solutions that fight against Haiti’s orphan crisis. Volunteers usually spend three months in Haiti. The US office will work with our local site directors in Haiti to match up potential volunteers with needs in the field.
VOLUNTEER POSITIONS AVAILABLE
1. TEAM HOSTING/LOGISTICS
Assist in team hosting responsibilities/logistics, including but not limited to: group house cleanliness, team laundry, team food and drink supplies, participate in team meetings representing the mission, participate in team meals, activities and assist in leading team outings and coordinating airport travel logistics. Coordinate daily team schedule, facilitate transportation for team outings, participate in outings to the local markets, beaches, area missions, etc. Position for Jacmel only.
2. MEDIA AND MARKETING
Help tell the story of our work through photography and video. This includes taking new pictures of our children for sponsor updates, social media videos, and other content to be used in marketing and fundraising. Please include samples of your work. Position for Jacmel only.
3. ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Assist both Haitian and American staff with administrative duties to ensure efficient operation of the office. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, filing, data input, gathering info from children and/or caregivers, creating spreadsheets. Knowledge of Word, Excel, and QuickBooks is recommended. Position for IKONDO and Jacmel.
4. CULINARY ASSISTANT
Working with our Haitian kitchen staff, responsibilities include, but are not limited to, shadowing kitchen staff during market shopping, meal preparations and planning, identifying new recipes to teach kitchen staff, keeping food service areas stocked and clean. Participation in hosting guests, joining activities when time permits. Position for IKONDO only.
5. ACTIVITY PLANNER
Assist in organizing and implementing games, activities and movie nights, for all ages of children at HAFP. Work alongside our Caregivers and their assistants. Take photos at all activities for child sponsor updates. Position for Jacmel only.
6. AGRICULTURAL ASSISTANT
Assist in the landscaping and agricultural areas of campus. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, identifying and implementing need for landscaping. Gardening in the community. Educating Haitian staff on maintenance for after your departure. Participation in hosting guests, joining activities when time permits. Position for IKONDO only.
- Must agree with the mission, vision and values of the organization found here.
- Must be 20 years or older.
- Must be a mature and responsible.
- Must have a valid passport before travel.
- Previous travel to Hands and Feet Project Children’s Village and/or Haiti preferred.
- Must be approved by HAFP corporate office and the Children’s Village Director.
- $650 a month to cover living and ministry expenses will be paid by the volunteer.
- Airfare to Haiti (estimate of $600 -$900) will be paid by the volunteer.
- Transportation to and from HAFP site and Port au Prince Airport (Maximum of $200 each way), will be paid by volunteer unless travel can be coordinated with incoming groups.
- Optional – Haiti cell phone (around $35 and purchase of minutes, anywhere from $10 to $30 month) will be paid by the volunteer.
- Optional – cash for any other personal expenses will be paid by the volunteer.
- Fill out Volunteer Application Form.
- Site directors will choose potential applicants based on need.
- Email and/or phone interview with HAFP staff.
- Background check and additional paperwork will need completed upon acceptance.
Check Out Our Latest Videos here