How to create your own HAFP Giving Tuesday fundraiser
1. Click this link to get to our main HAFP Giving Tuesday fundraising page.
2. Once you’re on our fundraising page, click the button that says “Start A Campaign."
3. When you’re asked “Would you like to use a Supporter Campaign theme?” select the theme “Giving Tuesday.
4. The next box will say “This Giving Tuesday, HAFP is raising $15,000 to help cover the cost of updating the solar power system on their campus in Jacmel, Haiti.” Click submit.
5. Now you can edit your fundraising page! If you would like, you can add a photo, edit the title, or create a personal campaign goal yourself.
6. Under “Tell supporters about the purpose of this supporter campaign,” you can write your own description about raising money for the solar power system at HAFP, or you can copy and paste the following from the main HAFP Giving Tuesday fundraising page:
This Giving Tuesday, Hands and Feet Project has set a goal of raising $15,000 to help cover the cost of updating our solar power system for our Children’s Village in Jacmel, Haiti.
Solar power is incredibly valuable in Haiti. On a typical day without solar power, Hands and Feet Project only has power for about 3-4 hours, when Haiti's Electric Company (EDH) provides electricity. Some days, EDH does not run at all.
At Hands and Feet Project, we are very thankful to have a solar power system in place, which we have used as our primary source of power for years. The solar power system is made up of solar panels, batteries, inverters and charge controllers, which work together to give us power for up to 14 hours a day.
Currently, we are in need of batteries, which are what holds the solar power charge so that we have power not just when the sun is high in the sky, but also after it sets. Without working batteries, we only have solar power for a couple hours a day.
By donating on Giving Tuesday, you would be playing a role in helping:
- Our lights stay on
- Our admin teams work efficiently during office hours (no power means no wifi)
- Our water pumps send water from the front property to the back property (where all of the children live)
- Keep our fans running (it gets HOT in Haiti)
7. Do not attach to a program or a place- leave those options blank.
8. Click “save changes.”
9. Your screen should display a message that says “Your HAFP Giving Tuesday: Solar Power System has been created and is being reviewed. You will receive an email shortly with more details on how to share with your friends and family!” Once your fundraiser is approved, you will receive an email from HAFP confirming that your fundraiser is ready to use!
10. Now you’re ready to share your fundraising page through social media, email, and/or text!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at (877) 870-6175 if you have any difficulties while creating your fundraising page.