The Hands and Feet Project offers volunteer positions at the Children's Villages throughout Haiti. Volunteers get the chance to learn mission work firsthand by working alongside each site's directors. Volunteers will be working in an assortment of jobs to help sustain the mission to provide family-style, residential care and sustainable solutions that fight against Haiti’s orphan crisis. Volunteers usually spend three months in Haiti. The US office will work with our local site directors in Haiti to match up potential volunteers with needs in the field.
VOLUNTEER POSITIONS AVAILABLE
1. ADMINISTRATIVE & FINANCE
Assist in daily cash distribution, record keeping, cash logs, receipts, and Quickbook entering. Aid in special administrative tasks and reporting. Responsible for administrative offices/storage organization. Position for Grand Goave and Jacmel.
2. EDUCATION & ACTIVITY ROOM FACILITATOR
Coordinate and teach daily lessons to missionary kids on campus following predetermined curriculum for approximately 3-4 hours each morning. Engage in supplemental reading programs with HAF kids. Oversee library and activities center coordinating scheduled times for kid usage. Position for Grand Goave and Jacmel.
3. EDUCATION & ACADEMIC BENCHMARKING
Work with the education administrator on academic benchmarking for each child according to the Haitian education system and according to US standards set by HAF Circle of Care. Assist and work with children on French, reading and mathematics. Host 'Tutor Education Seminars' to further train the HAF academic tutors. Position for Jacmel only.
4. TEAM HOSTING & FAMILY ROOM HOSTING
Aid in team hosting responsibilities including but not limited to: group house cleanliness, team laundry, team food and drink supplies, participate in team meetings representing the mission, participate in team meals, activities and assist in leading team outings. Aid in the facilitation of sponsorship updates. Help prepare photos and stories to update child sponsors. Position for Grand Goave and Jacmel. Summers Only.
5. TEAM LOGISTICS
Coordinate daily team schedule, facilitate transportation for team outings, participate in team outings to the local markets, beaches, area missions. Coordinate airport travel logistics. Participate in team hosting and team meals representing the mission. Position for Jacmel Only. Summer Only.
6. TEAM PROJECTS
Coordinate team daily and weekly projects; ensure quality and timeliness of projects; engage team members in skill appropriate tasks; purchase materials in advance for team projects; train, empower, equip team members for projects; complete tasks with the team members; facilitate return of extra materials and tools to designated storage areas. Position for Grand Goave and Jacmel. Summer Only.
7. VOCATIONAL TRAINING: WOODWORKING
Aid in the completion of the vocational woodworking shop. Complete equipment installation, repairs of equipment if needed, inventory and assessment of condition. Prepare a beginners vocational training program for older kids (14-18yrs) including and introduction to equipment safety, training, and beginners woodworking. Prepare for future volunteers in this program by documenting skills and education. Position for Grand Goave and Jacmel.
8. VOCATIONAL TRAINING: AGRICULTURAL AND AQUAPONICS
Aid in the completion of the vocational agriculture and aquaponics programs. Daily tasks would oversee the construction and layout of the vocational/ag program; Information gathering such as market pricing, livestock sales and purchases, and market demands in the area. This information will be used to define the direction of the vocational/ag program. Prepare for future volunteers in this program by documenting information. Position for Jacmel only.
9. VOCATIONAL TRIANING: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES
Oversee the computer center including but not limited to: researching software for usage, purchase and load approved software, prepare schedule by age groups (children/staff) for computer center usage, teach basic computer courses, responsible for technology advancement and education. Complete networking needs as required. Aid in other technology and a/v needs. Position for Jacmel only.
- Must agree with the mission, vision and values of the organization (http://www.handsandfeetproject.org/about-us/what-we-do).
- Must be 20 years or older.
- Must be a mature and responsible.
- Must have a valid passport before travel.
- Previous travel to Hands and Feet Project Children's Village and/or Haiti preferred.
- Must be approved by HAFP corporate office and the Children's Village Director.
- $650 a month to cover living and ministry expenses will be paid by the volunteer.
- Airfare to Haiti (estimate of $600 -$900) will be paid by the volunteer.
- Transportation to and from HAFP site and Port au Prince Airport (Maximum of $200 each way), will be paid by volunteer unless travel can be coordinated with incoming groups.
- Optional - Haiti cell phone (around $35 and purchase of minutes, anywhere from $10 to $30 month) will be paid by the volunteer.
- Optional - cash for any other personal expenses will be paid by the volunteer.
- Fill out Volunteer Application Form.
- Site directors will choose potential applicants based on need.
- Email and/or phone interview with HAFP staff.
- Background check and additional paperwork will need completed upon acceptance.